I’ve been a big fan of carbonated water, which is why I ended up purchasing a soda maker machine. While there are options to add a flavor I love to drink it with no flavor. I also like to use this unflavored bubbly for my skin. Yes, you read correctly, I said my skin.
A few months ago, I ran across an article on using sparkling water for the skin and was like, I need to try this.
Sparkling Water Benefits
After further research, I found out more information on Why You Should Wash Your Face With Carbonated Water. You see there are some great benefits using room temperature carbonated water aesthetically.
Why? Because the carbonation helps to break up the dirt and oil embedded in your pores as when it is at room temperature it triggers your blood vessels to open up, bringing the blood supply to the tissue of your skin. In turn, it enhances nutrient delivery (think of those oxygen masks) to the surface. So in lamens terms, carbonated water acts as a vasodilator, resulting in a healthier, brighter, complexion. Who would have thought?
Furthermore soda water, unlike some tap water, will not negatively impact the PH of the skin. So there is less likelihood of dryness, breakouts, etc. So how do I implement this into my skincare routine? Find out below.
How To Wash Your Face With Carbonated Water
- Get distilled water or bottled water, do not use tap water and add it to something like a soda stream that will make the water carbonated.
- Pour the water in a clean bowl that is deep enough to submerge your face.
- Keep your entire face in the sparkling water for about 10 secs.
- Massage your face with your favorite moisturizing cleanser.
- Rinse away the cleanser with some more carbonate water.
- Finish with a clean towel, or I prefer to use a makeup eraser.
Have you tried this before? If so, let me know in the comments below.